Sunday, January 10, 2010

And Then This Happened Part 2, 3, and 4

First, it was the Chicken pox. Kason is pretty much over them now. Everything is just scabbed up. Overall, it really wasn't that bad. There were two nights that were pretty rough (as in I was sleeping on the floor in his room sometimes), but it was better than when they have the flu or something that involves throwing up!

Then, Asher got sick. I don't know if it's pre chicken pox or something else, but ugh! We are sick of being sick! We miss this happy boy!


After that, on Saturday, just before Isaac was leaving (I'm so glad it was before!!) for school Kason had a bit of a run in with the TV stand. I think he just tripped over his own feet! I came out to see Isaac holding him with blood all over his face. So, Isaac and he ended up at the ER to get stitches. They actually did some sort of glue that works just like stitches. Kason did really good and is really proud of the bracelet they put on him and really proud that he didn't cry. I just feel bad that he is going to have a scar in such a noticeable place! Maybe it won't be too bad. Oh well though, people keep telling me that it is the first of many. It looks pretty good now, just a little bruised and swollen. He's pretty proud of his "gwoo".
(It's just really hard to hold still and look at the camera and smile normally)


As they were leaving the car wouldn't start. And we had to get a new battery.
It was just one of those funny days where you kind of feel like things are falling apart! :)

12 comments:

krystale said...

Goodness gracious! I'm so glad baby K is okay. haha, I hate it when it seems like takes a tumble!! That gash looks like it hurts! Anyway's so glad you are doing great!

Brandon, Jen, and Braxton said...

oh goodness girl, that totally sucks, and poor Kason. he looks like a tough guy now

Callie. said...

oh no! Well at least Isaac hadn't let yet! What a blessing! And now Kason will look real tough with a nice scar. :). By the way, Will is sick over here too, so I guess it's finally our turn. Boo!

Linford Family said...

Aah! My mom just told me about Kason's cheek! Ouch. Hopefully the rough streak you guys are going through comes to an end soon! Good luck with this next semester-is it looking to be true what they said to you guys? The thing about THIS semester is actually supposed to be the hardest?

Ashley Wray said...

Oh no! Sounds like you've had quite the week! But just think, in a few months you'll look back at this post and laugh....hopefully :) Poor Kasen, that is quite the battle wound!

Unknown said...

Whoa! That's a much bigger gash than I was thinking. It's huge! Hopefully the glue will help reduce scarring. Now get Asher well! Hang in there.

Smitty n' Chelle said...

oh man...that is a really bad day. i am glad he is okay.

Swensen Family said...

Wow, That is quite the cut! He is such a tough little guy to not even cry at the hospital. It is always fun taking kids out in public with their different battle wounds, I'm sure you get some curious looks :)! What a streak of bad luck...hopefully things will turn aroung soon! I'll be thinking of you!

Stephanie said...

Oh, honey! Funny days? You are amazing to have such a good attitude about it all. I'm positive that I would have just burst out crying. Brendan had a run in with our futon frame when he was a bit younger than Kason and had stitches to put his lower lip back together. So scary. I'm glad he's taken it so well and that they're healing up.

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness! I am so sorry. That sounds like a crazy day. Of course, I was just reading yesterday that we have to have days like that (The Mountain article in January's Ensign).

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

So sad for Kason! Looks like you are having a fun time in Oregon!

A. Swensen said...

Hey! What a crazy day! Mackenzie had to get her head glued up recently. It is still a little pink but the glue worked great. It was pretty deep like Kason's cut so I wouldn't worry too much. Boy, it looks painful though.