Friday, April 1, 2011

Water, Parks, Bball and O's

I got this idea from a friend and Kason loved it. We mixed colored water and saw what colors to mix to make new colors. He thought it was so cool. He really picks up on things quickly and loves to learn right now. I tried to help him while also trying to, unsuccessfully, keep Asher from drawing all over himself, his clothes and the walls - his new favorite pastime.



We took advantage of a break in the rain to go to a new park. One thing Eugene really has going for itself is its great parks.





With all the march madness going on there has been quite a bit of basketball, or shot as Asher calls it, going on in our house. The boys love it and will run into the apartment whenever we are getting home and start shooting. They both are actually pretty good. Yesterday Asher went up to some older boys who were playing outside, got right in the middle of them, and held his hands out, fully expecting them to give him the ball so he could make that shot. It was so funny. A common scenario when Isaac comes home goes like this:
Kason: "Wanna play PIG Daddy?!!!!"
Isaac: "I don't know, are you ready to be the PIG?!"
Kason: jumping up and down with uncontrollable excitement "No, YOU'RE gonna be the PIG"

Asher loves wearing other people's boots


We went to a UO ducks game on the new court last night. It was pretty cool, we got great seats to have with kids and Kason and Asher loved it. Kason would do some pretty amazing dance moves and do the "O" every time there was a timeout or break. He made it on the jumbo tron, which was pretty exciting. :)



I have to write down about Asher and O. Maybe it was because Kason learned the alphabet and Asher would be listening in or because everything is O around here and there are a bunch of them everywhere, but Asher loves the letter O. He knows the sound it makes , along with a few others, but O is his definite favorite. He can pick one out anywhere, in the car, in a store, driving past a sign or store, on a drain grate...anywhere. It usually goes something like this:
Asher: (always in a very loud voice) " O MOMMA, O MOMMA!!!! O, O, O"
Me: "where?"
Asher: "RIGHT THERE O, O RIGHT THERE, O MOMMA"
Me: "Oh yeah, I see it, good job"
Asher: "O MOMMA, RIGHT THERE, O! HI O!! HI
Me: "yup, ok"
Asher: "O, HI O, RIGHT THERE"
Me: "shhhh"
Asher: "BYE O, BYE BYE"

It cracks me up.

2 comments:

Linford Family said...

That's a great idea for learning what colors make other colors! I've have to try it out. Your parks look really cool! Asher is a funny boy-I need to get to know him now that he is older. I never realized he had a personality like Maggie! I really hope we get to see you guys this summer. It stinks not being able to do anything with the family. When are you going to MT this summer? We are thinking last half of July-ish.

Sarah said...

Aren't nice parks awesome? Redmond has way nice parks! I love the boots pics and the funny things your kids say. Always good to know they can make us smile.