One of the good things about being at my house was being there for the 24th of July! Mapleton is my favorite place to be on the 24th. Kason and Asher got to ride in the parade with Grandma and Grandpa who were with the ambulance as EMT's. The plan was to pass out otter pops as they rode on the gurney, however I only saw Kason passing them out, Asher was eating one the whole time I saw him.
Then it was to the park for some fun! They have bounce houses that the boys had a blast on.
Kellie and Emry
And bounce houses with water. Half the fun of this was watching the boys try to get up the wet and slick steps and take out whoever was behind as they slipped down.
The helicopter ping pong ball drop. If you get the winning ping pong ball number you win a bike. I was really hoping we'd defy the odds this year, but no such luck. I did however manage to lose Kason after this. After trying to stay calm and not panic, I let my dad know I couldn't find him and we all began looking. I finally found him wandering around awhile later and we had a little chat about staying still when you're lost. In my defense, there were about a billion people there. Later, Asher took a little break on the playground, we were watching him closely, along with the other 500 kids on the playground and then he was gone. He was lucky enough to be taken to the lost and found and we got to have our name called over the speaker for the lost and found kid. I didn't even hear it, luckily my mom did. Mom fail #2. It was all fun though and everyone had a blast and the day ended with some good fireworks.
Isaac was getting pretty sick of living at "our" house by himself so we decided to brave the tack strips and head up there to be together. The kids and I made the drive on our own quite well actually (7.5 hours, thank you!) and even saw a bear cross the road by West Yellowstone. I was the most excited.
We lived in our kitchen and dining room. Our couch was in the dining room, all our stuff was in the garage, and we had some tarps laid down with our mattresses on top. We laid cardboard and old rugs over all the tack strips and tried to go to as many parks as possible. We only suffered one little puncture incident from the tack strips and it wasn't too bad! I'm so mad I didn't get a picture of the no carpet era, but I guess things were a bit hectic. Emry had some episodes where every other night for 4 nights she would throw up every 15 min for 4 hours! We finally found a dr and got her some antibiotics for bacterial sinusitis. And all was well! When the carpet people called to tell me it was going to be delayed yet another day, I almost started crying in Target. Needless to say, they worked it out and got the job done in 2 days instead of 4!!! Carpet has never felt so luxurious!
CARPET!!
And finally, rushing to move in!
No comments:
Post a Comment