Asher is a character.
The other day we wanted to go on a bike ride.
We had found a great craigslist deal on a trailer for Emry and Asher is a recent self sufficent bike rider so we really wanted to hit up a trail.
Off we went.
We went to a little trail and headed out.
There was some hesitation knowing he is a very recent bike rider, but we I didn't want to wait any longer.
He started off the night by screaming when he got stuck on a spinning apparatus on the playground and finally ended up getting flipped off. It was quite hilarious and I wish I'd gotten a video. I tried to get him to do it again later for entertainment's sake, when I had my camera ready, but he wasn't about to get back on it.
Then the bike ride started.
Not 30 seconds in we came to a small hill that lead down to the pond. Isaac was in the front and I was in the back. All I hear is Asher screaming and I see his red helmet bouncing all over the place with his feet sticking straight out. Not even on the pedals, just straight out - headed for the water.
Isaac and I are yelling pedal backwards, brake, brake, over and over.
Isaac throws his bike down and catches Asher and bike about a foot before the water.
It was pretty funny as I kept replaying in my mind how his feet were sticking straight out as he bounced all over the place.
We continued on happily after practicing braking a bit more.
Though I do think I said pedal backwards about 50 times on the rest of the ride.
A few funny things he has said lately
- I was scolding the boys about being upset at having to stop playing with friends to go on an errand. I said, "life isn't just about friends". Asher pipes in glumly, "Yeah, it's about Jesus and errands."
-He was scrutinizing Isaac's face carefully and said, "Why do you have seeds in your face and neck?"
We love our Asher boy
No comments:
Post a Comment