Sunday, September 7, 2014

This Deserves a Post All of its Own

Thumb sucking is a thing of the past!!
Can I get a hallelujah?!

She loved to suck her thumb and it had become something that was happening all. the. time. day and night.
I'll admit, it was cute, and it was such a comforting thing to her.
I felt badly about that part.
But it was affecting her teeth and I wanted to stop the habit now instead of later.


We tried tape, and the supposedly gross tasting nail polish to no avail.
I was ready to buy some $30 gloves off the internet, but good thing Isaac had us think up another option.
We just cut all the fingers except for the thumb off her 0.99 gloves!
At first we had to duct tape them on at night cause she'd take them off in bed.
(I know...so mean)
After a week or two, though, the urge was gone and after wearing them for a while more, she hasn't sucked her thumb in months!



Love our girl.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Hallelujah

Jennifer Lovell said...

I have never heard of that solution before, but it's a great one! I'm so glad it worked! Congrats! :)