Sunday, March 1, 2009

HaPPy BiRthDaY KaSoN!

Kason is 2!! His birthday was yesterday. We had a fun time having friends over for cake, ice cream and presents. The group from Isaac's program came over and they were so generous! Kason got to be the center of attention for quite awhile and he loved it. I am so grateful for this little boy. I know all parents think their kids are the cutest, and I am no different! Maybe it is because it is just Kason and I together all day everyday, but I am so attached to him! He doesn't have any seperation anxiety, but I think I do! He just makes me smile and laugh and melts my heart. This is not to say that some days I have just had it and need a break and am soo tired, but this littly guy makes me so happy! Some things about him now:
~He loves airplanes, dinosaurs, animals, trucks, buses, and playing
~He is talking so much. He can talk in sentences now and can pretty much express anything he wants to say. The other day he said, "I want to go to Walmart!" He also says, "I will get you" and runs around after you.
~ He laughs and smiles alot. He has developed a fake laugh which he likes to use when other people are laughing.
~ Whenever I get hurt, even if I just say ouch, he says, "otay mama?" and kisses it better.
~If he ever sees me crying he gets very concerned and gives me a hug and just looks at me.
~ He loves music and the song "The Wheels on the Bus" and he loves to dance (jump).
~He loves to talk on the phone and makes a beeline for my cellphone whenever it rings. He will usually answer it and say "hi Daddy" no matter who it is.
Some pictures of the party, and there are alot.
The cake
Blowing out the Candles

Sugar!
Presents

Playing his new guitar with Daddy before bed

I can't believe he has gone from a 5 1/2 pound newborn to now.

1 week

6 months

1 year
2 years

14 comments:

Dulcie said...

What a sweet little boy! I can't believe that he is already 2. Time flies by way to fast. You're such a good Mom. I miss you.

Mortensen Family said...

Happy Birthday Kason. I'm glad you guys got to have a fun celebration. It's always fun to see them grow but sad at the same time. I wish Natalie didn't have separation anxiety I hope it all changes before May.

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday, Kason! Wow, a big two year old now. :) That was a beautiful cake, Lindsey! Looks like it was a fun party.

Romney Family said...

Happy birthday to Kason!! Great job on the cake. It looks so great!! Sounds like a fun time!!

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Oh He's SO cute! I swear he could just barely walk the last time I saw him and you, Lindsey. Glad everything is going well! Can you believe he's already 2!?

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

HAPPY Birthday Kason! I can't believe its been 2 years! It goes way to fast! Brecken got a similar guitar for his birthday too!

Jinny and Mick said...

Doesn't time fly??? Your cake looks awesome!

Swensen Family said...

Wow, I can't believe how fast time flies!!! Happy Birthday Kason! He sounds like all boy and likes most of the things that Payton does. Too bad they don't live closer together and could play all day!! The cake looks cute...you are such a great mom to Kason!

adorable pearsons said...

Happy late Birthday! he is so cute! Maybe he could come and interpret what kamree's says for us ;)!

Stephanie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Kind of slow here. Love the firetruck jammies!! Makes me very happy to see them.

Liz said...

Happy Birthdya Kason!! What a cute cake! Did you make and decorate it yourself? Hows the pregnancy coming along?

Linford Family said...

Happy Birthday-it was good to talk to you guys!

Trista said...

We're glad Kason had a good birthday! It is fun to see how Kason's changed from the time he was born to now. Thanks for sharing these pictures!

Anna said...

I love the cake you made!! Way cute, and Kason is a very handsome little boy!