Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happenings

I have alot to blog about - well, mostly just alot of pictures to post! I have been trying to do this for awhile, but my days consist of trying to keep both boys fed, changing diapers, trying to keep everyone happy and trying to clean up the apartment so that we can at least see the sink and floor! But, we have had some fun things happening.

First, Isaac is done with the first year of econ grad school. Yeah! I am so so so glad to be done with that first year. The past 10 months have been, by far, some of the toughest months! Isaac did a great job though, and handled everything better than I did. I shouldn't really say we are done, though, because by mid July, he will have taken the 2 comprehensive tests that cover the past year. He has to pass these to continue on in the program. So there is still alot of studying going on. We are glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel though!


Kason thinking Asher was spitting up on him
I got ambitious one day because I was feeling badly for not hardly paying any attention to Kason. I have seen this idea in a couple places. Kason loved "tub painting"






This is how Asher sleeps alot. He throws his arms up and cranks his head as far to the side and back as he can get it.



Kason is in a big boy bed!! Some friends gave us the frame. The first night when we were putting him to bed he was a little upset about the change, but after he went to sleep we didn't hear a thing from him and it has been that way since then!



Asher is doing great and we think he is really cute. He was having some major spit up issues, but has been doing better the last couple days and I'm hoping that will continue


Kason is really good to Asher. The other day we were all driving home and Asher was crying. I looked back to see Kason singing and doing the hand signs to Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to help Asher stop crying. It was so cute. It still amazes me how much Kason understands and how well he speaks.



Love bath time!


13 comments:

Stephanie said...

Ah...cute pictures! So glad to hear that you guys are doing good. :)

Dulcie said...

I'm glad you are doing so well! I love that picture of you and Isaac, it's so nice to see the woman behind the blogging :-)

Becca Bel said...

Oh Asher is so cute! I love how Kason tries to take care of him. Hali does that at times, it is so sweet. Although the other day she was sitting on him because he was playing with her toys. Congrats on finishing a year of School Isac. Thanks for keeping up on the blog.

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

How cute! ASHER IS A DOLL!

Elly May said...

So cute! both your boys are cute. Our baby won't sleep on his back very often. He always rolls to his side. He likes the fetal position.

Tedi @ Running with Infertility said...

Looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! Glad everyone is doing well!

Sarah said...

Oh man. That first year of grad school is tough. I am sure you were great, though. Your little boys are so cute. I still can't believe you have two little ones.

Swensen Family said...

Cute, Cute pictures!!! Wow, Asher sure is growing fast...I can't wait to see him in person. Kason seems like he keeps changing more and more too. We can't wait to see you guys soon and are happy that we (and all of the little cousins) will be together again soon!

A. Swensen said...

What cute boys!

Kellie said...

Ahaha! Asher has the same facial expression in every picture! Cute kids. Can't wait to see you soon.

Anna said...

I'm glad things are going well! It's always good to keep the light at the end of the tunnel in sight.
That's so sweet how Kason is a good big bro to Asher! Hopefully the soothing singing and helpfulness continue throughout the years. :) And congrats to Kason on his big boy bed!

Summer said...

Asher's so big already! THe pics were so cute...and you look so good, Lindsey!

Linford Family said...

Cute photos. That pic of you and Isaac is so good! Tell Isaac good luck on the second half of the test! I know I say this every time, but we are really excited to see you guys!