Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vacation!!

We got to go on a much needed vacation after a long and busy few months for Isaac to visit both of our families. I love going in the summer because there are so many fun things to do at both of our parent's houses.

Starting out on the loooong drive. I really like Oregon in the summer, it's so pretty. We took a scenic route this time and came out of a forest to this lava area with the Sisters mountains in the distance. We got out to stretch our legs and enjoy the view. The boys really did great driving minus a few puking incidents from too many snacks and curvy roads. Thank goodness for DVD players on long trips!
We stopped for the night at Mckay and Katie's. Payton and Kason just picked right up from last time and had a blast together. They ran around the sprinklers in their underwear to cool off that night. It was a tough goodbye with some sad boys.




We had a great time at my parent's house. I practically didn't even have to do anything with my kids. They love their aunts and grandparents! The boys loved the playgrounds,


and cooling off in the pool.


I love this picture.


We went to the dinosaur museum and the boys loved all the things to look at and do.




On Pioneer Day I ran a 5K with my mom and sister and it was SO fun! (after I was done). We were all pretty happy with our times too, which makes it even better. I plan on doing more this summer.



I love Mapleton on Pioneer Day. There's a parade, games and food in the park and fireworks. Here we are enjoying the parade and the loud sirens.
Kason got to ride in the ambulance with my Dad in the parade for a little ways.



Water slides at the park. This was Kason after practically being trampled by some older kids before coming down. He's still smiling though, but decided one time was enough.

Then we made our way through another long drive up to Isaac's house. We went boating/tubing one day, which was alot of fun.



The boys loved playing with their aunts and uncles.
and hanging out by the shore.



Kason was in heaven again playing with his cousins.


Enjoying some of the food at the fair.

These guys would just play outside all day. There was always some game going on involving guns and swords.

We had a great time and thanks to our families for all the fun! Now we are glad to be back home. Isaac has to do research during the summer, but other than that we plan to enjoy the rest of summer!

11 comments:

Laurie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Awesome job on the 5K!

Rusten and Karen said...

We sure missed you while you were gone, but I'm glad you had so much fun!

Romney Family said...

How fun and I am jealous Utah and Montana!!! Oh how we miss family and the west but so glad you guys got to enjoy it!!!

Jinny and Mick said...

Looks like you had fun-we really missed our trip this summer-we are cooped up indoors trying to stay cool! Awesome job on the 5K!

Swensen Family said...

I loved looking at all of the pictures! Glad that you did well on the 5K, good for you! Hope you guys have a good rest of the summer and it was sure great to see you :).

krystale said...

So cute! I love watching your family grow linds!! Yay! Go girl for running that 5k. Becareful because running gets addicting after a while! Just keep it up. You look so good! and the babies are so cute. the running through the sprinklers in the unds... hahah that's the best. keep that for when Kason is in High school. he'll love that!

Liz said...

Sounds like the vacation was a success! Glad I got to see you guys for a bit up in MT!

Stephanie said...

We went to the Lava Lands, too! So fun! And you got bitten by the running bug, too, eh? LOL Good for you. Sounds like you guys had a very fun time with all the fam.

Stephanie said...

We went to the Lava Lands, too! So fun! And you got bitten by the running bug, too, eh? LOL Good for you. Sounds like you guys had a very fun time with all the fam.

Whitney said...

Your kids are getting so big. I haven't been keeping up on the blogs this summer, so i just was looking at yours and couldn't believe how time passes. Our little boys seem to love the same things haha.

Becca Bel said...

Wow! Awesome vacation. congrats on running a 5K. Your boys are so adorable.