Friday, May 18, 2012

Prospectus

Right now Isaac is defending his prospectus.
  It's a big deal. 
Not as big a deal as when he'll defend his dissertation, but this is some of his dissertation, so it's a big deal. 
It's been a little busy and stressful the last little while.  
So, I'm blogging as I wait to hear how it went.

Love this picture


Only in Oregon can you run in a race called the Hippie Chick.  I signed up in the earlier stages of pregnancy, but as it got closer was worried I wouldn't be as ready as I wanted to be.  I was slow, but it was so fun and I absolutely loved it.  I got to run with a bunch of wonderful friends.  
Me, Marci, Randi, Audrey, Laurie, Michelle, Heather
 Mother's Day
Kason said to Isaac: "Make sure you don't go to school today, because if you do Mommy will start working and cleaning and I can't stop her".


We have had some seriously nice weather here lately and I. love. it.  The evening after a hot day is my favorite time.  You can still smell the heat and feel it, but it's also cooling off.  Here Kason is wearing Isaac's shoes and shirt and wearing a mask he cut out and taped to himself (and his hair) with masking tape...yeah he loved getting that off.

post haircut

A favorite place to sit with toys piled high in front of her.


And now Asher is sick.  He came in from playing and just zonked out.  

And that's been our week!

7 comments:

Laurie said...

Your family is adorable... your kids are so cute. Emry always looks so happy! I'm really glad you enjoyed the race. Kason's comment about Mother's Day is too funny.

I hope Isaac's prospectus goes well. Enjoy the weekend, looks like more sunshiny weather. :)

Micha said...

Ahh! That Kason is so adorable being protective of you like that :) Jim wasn't kidding, if we end up with more kids it will be in part because of yours being so darn cute.

I hope all went well for Isaac. That's an exciting milestone!

Rusten and Karen said...

That picture of Kason made me laugh so hard!!!

Swensen Family said...

You have super cute kids. I stare at every picture I can of Emry so I can take in what she looks like. Can't wait to see you guys this summer!!

Linford Family said...

Wow, that's really exciting and nerve wracking too. I talked to my mom and she said it went fine. I just ordered some books for Kade this Fall and have been meaning to email you about it. I will soon. Cute Cute photos!

Sarah said...

I love that your blogging to wait out the stress... I do that sometimes too. :) I hope it went well.
I love Washington weather this time of year too. Esp the evenings.

Callie. said...

Lindsey, I love the new post! Your kids are so cute and I wish I could just squeeze and hold little Emry. I hope things are going great at your house. Best of luck to Isaac, I am sure he did fantastic! P.s. if you are ever in Utah this summer PLEASE let me know!! I would love to see you.