Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Wedding Trip

We went on a quick trip last week.  Isaac's sister, Maren, got married and so Isaac packed up all his papers and computer and planned to work on the road.  It was a quick trip that involved lots of driving, but was well worth it.  I didn't think it was going to go so smoothly because within the first hour Kason got carsick and puked (in a bag, luckily), the "Are we there yet's" had started and Emry was crying.  I think that was probably the hardest hour of the trip though.  Then we all became resigned to the drive and everyone did great.  We stayed the first night at Mckay and Katie's, saw my cousin at BSU the next day and then drove to Rexburg for the wedding. 

First, we had to be sentimental and get a picture of Kason by the same sign we took a picture of him by shortly after he was born.

5 1/2 years ago



Maren and Wade

It was so sunny with lots of white around that made it difficult to see.  We tried not to squint for pictures, but mostly just ended up with watering eyes.
Payton and Kason


The wedding was during nap time, but Emry made it through.  I think the 3rd child just gets to learn to go with the flow and gets their naps when they can. 
Isaac's family minus Levi who is on an LDS mission

I love this picture

Emry and cousin Brielle with Grandpa

The cousins that were there, we missed 3 from Bret and Megan

Kason, Asher, Brielle and a favorite uncle Oliver

Then we headed to Montana for the reception.  The kids just played and played and thoroughly wore themselves out.

Eating pistachio's on a golf cart

Trash bag batman capes

There was also a fair amount of wrestling that went on.

At the reception...


Then we headed home.  We usually split the 15ish hour drive up into two days, but we did it all in one shot this time.  All things considered, I am pretty impressed with the kids.  They did awesome and there was hardly any crying, especially since they don't sleep much at all in the car.

Emry was pretty pleased I gave her a carrot to munch on



I absolutely hate this picture of me (really, it had been probably 8 hours in the car at this point), but I love it of the boys.

Sooo tired...but in her happy place - sucking her left thumb and pulling her hair with her other hand

We watched the sun set as we were driving along the Columbia River

And, to boot, the kids all fell asleep when it got dark for the last 3 hours.  
It was a great trip. 

Bonus picture: Emry crawls down the hallway to go play and make a mess with her brothers in their room.  I just have to keep the pennies, chalk and all the other little toys she finds out of her mouth.  She loves it and I think they do too.



And just to make this post even longer, I'll add the family photos we had a friend take a few months ago.  I'm afraid if I don't get them on here now it won't happen.  She took some and then I played around taking some of my own. Here are our favorites:

















6 comments:

Romney Family said...

oh how much fun!!! minus the long road trip and I love your family pictures. They turned out so great!!

Swensen Family said...

We had such a great time with you guys! I know the kids crashed hard at the end of the day. Hope you don't mind I borrowed some pictures you captured of the kids, that I missed.

Katrina said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip, and cooperative kids. I love your family pictures. Your kids are so cute and I miss them. I was just wondering today if Emry was still sucking her thumb, haha. Yep. She is such a doll. I can't get over how much she's grown since I've last seen her. I guess that means I should plan a trip to Eugene to visit. :)

Katrina said...

Looks like you guys had a fun trip, and cooperative kids. I love your family pictures. Your kids are so cute and I miss them. I was just wondering today if Emry was still sucking her thumb, haha. Yep. She is such a doll. I can't get over how much she's grown since I've last seen her. I guess that means I should plan a trip to Eugene to visit. :)

Jinny and Mick said...

Very cute family pictures! I wish we could have been there for the sealing too:)

Linford Family said...

Those are some really cute family photos!