To celebrate the job and get to spend some time together we went up to Portland for a night. We stayed in a nice little hotel, tried to swim in the FREEZING pool, I am not one for cold water, and went to the zoo! It was a fairly chilly day, but we practically had the place to ourselves! It didn't even rain a drop while we were there and the hail only came as we were walking out to the car.
Lookin at the bears.
The Portland zoo is in such a pretty area.
We had to get a picture of the bobcat - Go MSU bobcats!
Emry would turn and give us an energetic "whoa" for the animals she liked.
I think the alligator was a favorite.
Hello Mr. Sea Lion
It was a fun little getaway.
Bonus Pictures:
The boys regularly bring out ALOT of books and read them on the couch with blankets, half dressed.
Emry now joins in and has to have her blanket arranged just right on her legs. And, yes, that is a very safe toy to have in your mouth.
Bonus Saying:
I will always remember this.
Asher and I were driving home from picking something up at the grocery store. I looked at him in the rear view mirror and then back at the road. He said,
"Whoa! Momma, look at me again like that." I looked in the mirror at him again and he said, almost in awe,
"Momma, you are a master of ninjas when you do that."
Guess it doesn't get any better than that. It's one of the biggest compliments a person could be in his mind. Now when I'm down on myself I can just think "I am a master of ninjas".
3 comments:
I love that you are a Master of Ninjas. That is so cool! Emry's ladybug hat is super cute.
It is true, you are the Master of Ninjas.
You have always been a Master of Ninjas, its why I hang out with you....
Post a Comment