Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Verdict Is In...

...we're moving to Montana!  

I will try to sum up this not-so-short-of-a-process in a shorter post...yeah right.  

Step 1: The Job Market. I wrote about it here. Glad to have that over with.  Even though it was very stressful, I am realizing now what a blessing it was to have that system to help in the search.

Step 2: We waited for calls.  It is an odd feeling to just have to wait for the calls that will play a huge part in your future.  Isaac got a few flyouts fairly quickly.  Everyone kept telling us to just wait, that there was still time and that more would come.  We skeptically agreed.  When more did come, they really came.  Isaac was gone ALOT.  I think from about January 21 to March 9 he was gone for a total of 21 days.  One of those times he flew into the Eugene airport at 10:30 pm and had to be back there at 4 am the next morning.  I am so grateful for friends who sat over here while the kids slept and I went to pick Isaac up.  5:45 am seems to be the only time the Eugene airport has departing flights so we made alot of 4 am trips.  We'd load the  kids straight from their beds and into the car while they were half asleep still and drop Isaac off. Then we'd come back home and they would all go right back to sleep without a peep.  They were so good through the process!   Sometimes Asher still asks, "Is Daddy at the school or the airport?" It was a busy time, but when all is said and done, I think everything was handled pretty well.  

Step 3:  Decision Time.
He ended up having a few offers.  Now, I know, I am the worst decision maker in the world. Together, with Isaac, decision making is not our strongest point- especially when the decisions have to be fast.  Everything came down to one weekend.  He got back from a flyout on Saturday, we would find out if they were going to offer us anything on Monday and he had to tell the other places our answer Tuesday morning. 

That Sunday and Monday were stressful!  It came down to two places for us, one in Tennessee and one in Montana.  Long story short, and we both agree this is probably the hardest decision we've ever made, but Montana it is!!!

After a period where I second guessed and doubted our decision (we'll skip over this part, not my best moments) I am ready to move forward and make the best of it! 
We are feeling blessed, nervous, and excited!



And because there must be pictures, here are Emry's first pigtails ever:

We can't handle the cuteness!  Kason and Asher call the pigtails her rhinoceros ears and call her a rhino when she has them in.  They usually bring me the elastics and say, "let's make her a rhino!"  

9 comments:

Katrina said...

AHHHHH!!! Congratulations! I'm so so so happy and excited for you! I hope everything goes smoothly and as stress free as possible from here on out. Emry is such a doll. I love her "rhinoceros ears", haha.

Laurie said...

Congratulations!! How exciting. I'm sure it's quite a relief to have a finalized decision. Love the little rhino. :)

Swensen Family said...

I am so happy for you guys!! It will be awesome to have you close! Love the piggy tails and her brother's reactions!!

Elly May said...

I am very excited for you guys! I am sure it will be nice to be closer to families and be done with grad school!

Sarah said...

What an exciting and crazy time of life you have been in. I hope that all goes well in the move and that things will (eventually) settle down a little bit.

Shannon said...

Hey, Montana! That's cool. Love Big Sky country... I'm guessing you guys do to? ;)

Jennifer Lovell said...

Congratulations!! My sister's family just moved there for their first real job, too...to Helena. They're very happy there. Please let me know what town you decide on, 'cause I know a few others there and I'd love to hook you up with some great friends :). Best wishes to you!

Jinny and Mick said...

So excited for you guys!!! I'm sure it will be nice to be on to the next phase of life, so exciting!

Stephanie said...

Sounds like an adventure like ours! I'm sure it will be great. Congratulations on a job and "yay" on no more being a student family! So much to look forward to. :)