Tuesday, March 19, 2013

6

Kason turned 6!
Six sounds so much older than five.  Maybe it's because alot of activities have an age cut-off of five.
Or maybe it's because it takes two hands to show how old he is now.  
Whatever the reason, he is getting older!
Isaac was on a fly-out on Kason's birthday.  So, I felt the need to still try to make the day as special as possible.

The kids woke up to balloons and crepe paper.  That alone was pretty exciting.


We snapped some pictures

 These two really are best buds.  They play together all day, and for the most part, do really well.



We also went to the National Academy of Artistic Gymnastics.  This our new favorite place we've found.  I can't believe we haven't found it for this long, but it's the new "treat" that's begged for.  I'll admit, it is a pretty cool place, by far the best open gym place we've been to here.

Rocky and Kason getting ready to jump off the pirate ship into the foam

Emry has become quite the fast walker.  She really doesn't care where I am either, she just takes off.  Here she is falling taking out a competitor for her area.




Asher (remember, he's all talk) hasn't quite worked up to daring to stand to jump off the pirate ship, but he sits and either gets pushed or slides off.


Group picture on the beam.  Look at Asher's face.  He was so scared to be up there, he's gripping Kason and Rocky and making shrieking noises the entire time.


future gymnast?!

 When Isaac got back in town we opened presents.  Kason was pretty excited to get this present from Gramma and Grampa.

This was his reaction to getting a bow and arrow from us.


I feel like this cake was a major fail.  I got more sick than I've been in a long time (thank goodness it was between Isaac's flyouts) and so Kason's cake kept getting pushed back.  Isaac finally made it and I tried to decorate it.  It's a snake, and I had it pictured alot better in my mind, but I think he still liked it.


A little bit about Kason:
He has a very sweet and tender heart.
He can be a bit sensitive.
He is very mature, and generally very obedient and my biggest helper.
He really thinks of other.
He's very mature, our joke lately is that he seems like a wise old man in a 6 year old body.
He can be quite competitive.
He is a crazy dancer and singer (usually while watching his reflection in the TV).  I have to regularly clean the spit marks off the TV cause he sings and dances so vigorously in front of it.
He loves to draw.  He will draw a picture of what's going on that day or what he's feeling. 
An example of his drawing, Buzz Lightyear:

He is a great big brother:



This picture makes my heart happy.

Funny story:  At church on Sunday a girl Kason's age just came up to him and gave him a long hug and almost a kiss on the cheek.  The whole time Kason was completely still, his torso rigid and arched, leaning away from her, with his arms down to his sides.  He did not know what to do or what to make of the situation.  

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ALL these pictures make my heart happy. SOOO Awesome! Great action shot of Kason on the rings at open gym. LOVED Asher's face on the beam! And Emry "asserting" herself for her space. Haha

Jennifer Lovell said...

Lindsey, you really have awesome kids. I loved all the pictures, especially the posed ones of K on his birthday, and of the reading time at the end. Thanks for sharing your family with me :).

Stephanie said...

Hard to believe Kason is 6! So glad he had a great birthday.

Sarah said...

How cute is he! Sounds like he is a great son. So glad you could celebrate his sixth year!