I always wait too long to blog and then I have a bunch of things that I want to put in to remember and it becomes one huge, long post. So, here we go.
We went to a roller derby!
It's been on my bucket list of things to do here for years.
It was worth the wait and alot of fun to watch, despite being crammed into tiny bleachers with kids.
It's always fun to go with friends
Isaac's birthday!
Isaac requested a cake our friend, who is an amazing baker, had previously made. I did my best to recreate the chocolate-y goodness and we were happy with it.
These kiddos sure love their dad
Also, lesson learned: Asher cannot keep a secret.
Really, I wasn't surprised by this at all. The kids and I went to get Isaac's birthday present, a watch. I had to bring them and so I debated about just not saying anything and hoping that would make it a small enough deal that Asher wouldn't say anything about it. But, I decided to remind him not to say anything. So, the car ride home was filled with "don't say anything to Daddy about presents, don't tell him what it is, don't even tell him we got a present".
Isaac had been home for 5 minutes when Asher was sitting on his lap and said, "Kason is going to go find Daddy's watch present!"
Kason about had a heart attack, he couldn't believe Asher would do that.
The next two days it became a game of Isaac asking Asher what his present was and Asher truthfully and innocently saying with a big smile on his face: "a watch!".JPG)
Walking has clicked for Emry girl and I'd say she walks more than she crawls now. She's 14 months. I still am not used to seeing her just come toddling around the corner all bowlegged taking tiny little steps. So, of course I watch her walk all the way down the hallway and take tons of pictures. She grabs some toy cones the boys have and puts them on her hands and walks around. I guess she's learned well from watching all the sword fights. That, or two lotion bottles seem to be her go to thing right now.
Happy Valentine's Day
Isaac was on a flyout and was supposed to get home at 4pm, but because of plane's missing parts (what?!) and delays it was 10:30 when he got back. Emry slept leaning her head in his hand the whole way home.
Bonus video: It's good to be the little girl and have big brothers and a dad to push you around in their trucks.
Bonus picture: sibling love. (This was after Kason bundled up and went outside and swept the leaves off the patio all on his own, he said it was like a Valentine's present)
Bonus Asher saying: Isaac wasn't listening to Asher and so Asher shook his finger at Isaac and said loudly, "Daddy, you are DISOBEDIENTING me!"
2 comments:
That was a really fun post! I loved the photos of Emry walking, and the story of the watch secret--I thought it was great that Kason was determined to keep the secret safe. Asher's new verb "to disobedient someone" is perfect! I'm going to have to adopt that into my vocabulary ;), because I would have plenty of occasions to use it in my house, ha ha! Good to see you all again!
The picture of you and Emry at the roller derby is SO good!
Post a Comment