We did it.
Graduation.
It really happened.
It was a good day, slightly surreal, emotional, busy, hot, sad to leave, proud, but mostly very happy.
It's funny, for five years of hard, hard work we'd looked forward to graduation. Wished for it, hoped for it, worried for it, and now it's here.
I don't really feel like the whole experience was over before we knew it, but I do feel like I can't believe it's done.
I think it's hard, for me at least, to be able to write what 5 years of work meant. Graduation was a summation and celebration of those 5 years, so it was a good day.
We've really come to love Eugene (I even didn't mind the rain this last winter), our church ward here, and especially our friends here. It will be very different to not have them around and we will surely miss them, but we are very excited that Isaac has a job and we are looking forward to and excited for our new adventure!
Good job, Isaac, on all your hard work!
This was the first weekend we moved to Eugene. We are so different now - emotionally, mentally, family size, physically - I guess alot happens in 5 years!
Pomp and Circumstance
Isaac, a 7th year I don't know, Chris, and Harold
Being hooded by Glen.
Ben, Isaac, and Glen.
We are so grateful to Ben and Glen (and Jason) for their friendship, advising, constructive criticism, and help!
Isaac and his mom
Ben, Isaac, Harold (Isaac's office mate), and Glen
We are grateful our families made the effort to come out!
It was hot
Yes!
It was also my birthday - pretty good present for Isaac to graduate with a Ph.D!
And last, but certainly not least. I can't get the video of this to download, but here's a link to it: Graduation Video
Asher had a cute little moment during graduation. I was taking pictures on the other side of the audience from the kids and my parents. The announcer calls Isaac's name and there is quiet as the person walks up to the stage, the clapping comes afterwards. But, in that silence as Isaac was walking up to the stage we hear, clear as a bell, Asher's little voice ringing out, "Go Daddyyyyyyyyy!!!!"t was just the cutest thing and brought a chuckle from the audience and got Isaac and I a little choked up.





4 comments:
Wow! 5 years is a long time. I love the picture you have from the first weekend you were there! What a difference 5 years makes!! I also love that Asher is licking Emry's arm. HAHAHAH!!! How cute. Way to go Swensen family! Enjoy Montana!!!
Aw, I totally LOVED this post. I loved the "Go Daddy!" yell, too! I got choked up, trying to picture my husband going through it, even though we weren't able to attend his ceremony. I am so happy for you and Isaac!!! I look forward to seeing what your near future brings. Thanks for sharing your most special moments with us through your blog!!
I couldn't get the link to the graduation video to work, it might just be our computer. Anyway, That was a fun read. I'm so happy you guys are done. We know what you went through! It's hard to put into words what all that work meant-I agree. I don't think anyone can understand unless they go through it themselves. Asher is so cute! We are really happy for you guys. We hope someday we will be able to be closer!
You made it!!! Congratulations to all of you as I know that it was a group effort. Best wishes as you start the next chapter of your lives. :)
Post a Comment