What a Summer!
I don't even know where to begin. I guess it's a good thing that our summer has been so packed with craziness and fun stuff that I am incredibly behind on my blog. So, I'll jump right in and go through this chronologically as best I can.
For graduation, we had a shrimp boil with friends and family. Lots of fun and just what Isaac wanted.
2 days after graduation, we moved!! To move during graduation may not have been the most ideal or best way to keep sanity, but we wanted to see Isaac's brother, Oli, before he left on a 2 year church mission. Isaac's parents took the boys home with them and Oli stayed to help us load the truck. We had to get a city permit to park our monstrous moving truck on the road and getting people to move their cars was stressful enough. Can you find the baby in the picture? I don't think I ever want to move again, there is just too much STUFF! We are grateful Oli stayed to help and he and Isaac did a great job packing the truck. It always comes down to just chucking stuff in at the last minute, regardless of preparation. It was hard to say goodbye to our Oregon friends and I will always hold them in my heart and keep in touch!
So, as we were homeless, we stayed at Isaac's parent's house for awhile. There is plenty of room to roam and explore and catching bugs/butterflies and turning the nets into swords, guns...etc was a favorite past time.
The kids with Uncle Oli
This is completely out of order and random, but I have to stick it in. Before we left, our friends threw a "Bill and Ted's excellent adventure" party. Having never seen the movie, I had some catching up to do! Everyone had to dress up as a favorite historical figure. Here we have Benjamin Franklin and Benjamin Franklin Jr. complete with stuffed vests and all.
Back to Montana...we went carp smashing. Nothing like a huge, dumb fish smacking into your leg in murky water.
The boys got appropriately worn out. It seems Kason is going to be a bed hog. I will have to let his future wife know.
We went to Choteau, MT for the 4th of July parade. I love the small town patriotic feel. I didn't realize it, but Emry was sick in these pictures (a whole other post), but now I see it in her eyes.
As the flag goes by
I love this picture. Emry got a little freaked out by the speedy little cars and grabbed on to her big brother. She can stand up to them by hitting...biting..., but she really adores them and does everything they do - especially Asher
We lit off fireworks on our own. Asher would get behind the smoke ball every single time and say "I'm camoflauged"
First firework reaction...
...a kiss from big brother...
...and she learned to cope.
There's a first part of our summer. Now onto the HOUSE!
1 comment:
Wow! You have been busy. It sounds like you have been having a lot of fun though. Can't wait to hear more!
Post a Comment