Well, it has just been one thing after another this month. Last weekend Asher was starting to get sick and he got progressively worse throughout the weekend. I was debating about taking him to the doctor and finally decided to on Monday because he was so lethargic and was breathing funny and not eating much. So, after some tests and a chest xray (it was awful), we found out he had an ear infection in both ears and RSV, which had cause pneumonia and Bronchitis. They did two breathing treatments and we came home with a follow up appointment made for the next day and them saying he was borderline on being hospitalized. Monday night was a rough night because we had to try to keep him upright to sleep..yeah, it didn't work so well. Tuesday I went back and his oxygen dropped pretty low after one of the breathing treatments. They said we needed to put him in the hospital because of his low oxygen and dehydration. I really, really, really did not want him to go into the hospital for alot of reasons, but it ended up happening. He got oxygen and an IV. He is so chubby they couldn't find a vein so he had to have the IV in his head - which I guess is a fairly common place for babies.

We stayed there for two very long nights and two very long days. Asher did great. He actually slept really well there for being in a hospital. He just couldn't move more than about two feet away from the bed because of all the wires so it got pretty confining! He was a trooper though. I didn't get a picture of when he had the oxygen on. He perked up pretty quickly during the first night and we were really glad to come home!! He started nursing again and is doing great now. He actually seems like an even happier baby since coming home and is full of smiles and laughs! He is such a good and happy baby! I know alot of people have had babies who have had RSV and worse, but it just made me really grateful for when we have good health and it was a reminder to me of what's important - not having a clean house and material things, but family and health and having a testimony. I'm so grateful for good friends who watched Kason for awhile on such short notice! And I'm so grateful my mom flew out the next day to watch Kason and help out for the rest of the week. Isaac taught labs until 8:30 pm the next day so it was so helpful. Thanks! Happy to be home together

12 comments:
Holy Cow! You are a trooper! I would be a bawling mess! Your in our prayers!
You are an amazing Mom! I wish we lived closer...I would have loved to help. I am sure glad that things are finally on the uphill, you guys have been in our prayers! The boys look cute there sitting on the couch, battle wounds and all!
You are a trooper. Sick babies are so hard on mommies- you stress and worry! Give yourself a nice easy next couple of days....lots of movies, books, and snacks :). We'll be sending slumbering thoughts your way!
I am so glad that Asher is okay. Having done the hospitalization and rsv with Waker I can sympathize. I am glad he was good for you and it was just two days. But there is nothing in the world like watching a baby be sick and being able to do nothing! I have been worried about you guys since I heard.
Well, all things considered I am glad that Asher is doing better! You hit the nail on the head; even though it really stinks when we get these stressful, even at times scary 'distruptions' in our lives, if we are able to come out of it more grateful than before and our faith stronger, then those trying hours were not in vain. I hope you get some time to unwind from your rainstorm!
wow...that sound like how our year started last year. we had two surgeries with is a week and a half od each other..Josh and Addy then I had to get to root canals and a crown on my tooth!$$$ then about 2 months later Addy got pnemonia and had to do the breathing treatments. we had to do them at home for 3 days. She wa s trooper and was able to avoid being hospitalized(thanks to my dr for trusting me to take care of her at home) I hope the rest of teh year goes better for you!
Lindsey,
I'm so sorry to hear about Asher being sick! Im glad he is doing better! I will keep you in my prayers! But I totally understand how you would not want Asher in the hospital! I hope everthing else goes well! Let me know if I can ever do anything for you!
Love,
Margaret
I hardly even recognize Asher now. He has changed a lot! He is such a cute chubby guy! I'm glad he's home and things are looking good for you. I'm also glad your mom was able to come. We've been praying for you guys! Love ya!
I am so glad you are all home and healthy! I think hospitals sometimes just make you more sick. So glad Asher is feeling better. ):
Oh man. Hospital trips are no fun. I hate the IVs in the head but they are the best because they can't pull on it and always in the way. I'm glad things are better. I hope things keep going up from here.
Wow, Linds. How scary, poor little guy. I'm so glad that he's alright and home and happy again. I hate hospitals, too. Sounds like he did an amazing job, though.
Poor little guy! Glad to hear he's home and doing okay. Take care!
Post a Comment