Monday, March 1, 2010

Jam Packed!

This post is seriously long so if you don't make it through, I'll understand. Maybe I should post more often?!
We have had some fun events lately.
First and foremost, Kason turned 3 !!!! We had a fun day that he had looked forward to for a long time. He woke up with a cough, but still enjoyed his day.



Very excited to get some guns...

...with holsters!

Some friends gave him a blow up tent with lots and lots of balls

1st birthday

2nd birthday

3rd birthday!


T-ball technique
Kason is such a good boy. I thought it would seem weird to have a 3 year old, but he just seems 3 to me and has for awhile. He is constantly surprising me with what he understands and picks up. He talks constantly and very well. He has become all boy lately with lots of energy. He loves to wrestle with Dad, loves dinosaurs, trucks, guns, swords, ball sports, and pretty much everything I guess. His favorite game to play lately is to get the "bad guys" with swords or guns...although I don't know that it's my favorite game. He has a very sweet side too. He's very empathetic, observant and has a great memory. He is a big helper with watching Asher and getting things for him. He makes us laugh all the time and says the funniest things, I love it when he gets that sparkle in his eyes and laughs out loud. We love you Kason!

#2 We got to go to the fire station with a bunch of friends from around here. Kason really likes fire trucks and was in awe, especially when they came down the pole for a call.

Asher chilled in the stroller and didn't hardly make a peep.



One of the firemen helped Kason slide down the pole (about a foot) and it was the highlight of the day.

Just like Grandpa in the ambulance!
#3 Kason was the ring bearer for some friends' wedding. I was soo nervous he was going to freeze up when he saw all the people looking at him so we resorted to bribery and told him he could have a new truck after he did it. He did great!! He wasn't nervous at all. He walked down the aisle very seriously and slowly carrying the pillow with the rings on it. He looked so cute. He gave the ring to Sean at the front and promptly turned around and started walking back down the aisle towards the bride. Isaac called him into the seats pretty quickly though and it was so fun.




Walking down the aisle


Bonus Pictures:

sporting the fo-hawk made by sticking pears into your hair



Brotherly love
I love to see them look for each other when they wake up in the morning.

10 comments:

Sarah said...

Aw man... they grow up so fast. I can hardly believe it. It looks like Kason is such a fun son, boy, and brother. What a lucky mom you are.

Elly May said...

That so funny we have that same tent from IKEA. Can't believe Kayson is already three! I wish Luke would talk soon! Your boys are so cute. Wish we could see you more often.

Romney Family said...

Sounds like you guys are having fun. The boys are getting so big!! They always grow up way too fast!!!

Swensen Family said...

Happy Late B-day Kason! Has it really been 3 years already!! He just seems like the perfect all around little BOY. It's great when the kids play together. All those pictures are so cute, looks like fun.

Blake and Margaret said...

Your boys are so cute!!! I love them!! They seem like they are so much fun!

Anna said...

We have the same IKEA tent, too! Great minds think alike, eh?? :)

That's crazy Kason is 3 ... but they do get more fun as they get older, even though they aren't babies anymore. Glad your boys are doing well!

Stephanie said...

Happy birthday to Kason! He is definitely all boy. The fire station looked fun, too! :)

Shannon said...

I love 3 year olds! Boys this age are so fun. And Asher is as cute as ever. Thanks for the update!

Linford Family said...

Happy Birthday Kason! It does feel like he has been 3 for a little while. I just think of him and Kade as the same age pretty-much so that's probably why it feels like he's been 3. We miss him! Asher is getting so big-it's fun that they enjoy each others company!

Dulcie said...

Sounds like lots of fun Lindsey! Who's wedding was Kason the ring bearer for?