We've had a fun week, so here it is in pictures.
1. This is the scene every morning, two sad boys looking out the door as Dad goes to school. They give high fives and pows through the glass (well, Kason does, Asher mostly just smiles and bangs on the glass). Kason also makes sure that "love you" and "see you soon" MUST be said. Then they wave and wave as Isaac rides off on his bike. They are extremely excited later in the day when he comes back. For some reason they started waking up really early while we were on our trip, as in around 5:30 am, so it's not hard for them to see Isaac leave. Kason's back to normal now - around 7 am, but Asher still wakes up earlier than I'd like.
2. Thanks to my mom and Dad the boys and I went to visit my family in Utah!! My sister graduated from high school and we were able to be there for that. Isaac is in the middle of finals right now so he couldn't go. I was beyond nervous to drive aways to the airport, ride the shuttle, and fly by myself with the two boys, but all in all, it went better than expected. The flight there went better than the flight back. On the way home we sat on the plane, but at the gate for a good half hour. Asher is not such a quiet or still kid and he'd had it by the time we got going. I had put a diaper on Kason just in case and for my peace of mind since I was alone. Right after I finally got Asher to sleep Kason lets me know he needs to go. Well, we didn't make it to the bathroom, which was my fault cause I wanted to let Asher sleep for a few minutes. But, I paid for it as I tried to change a messy diaper in an airplane bathroom with both of them in there. All in all though, they both did so good and Kason was a great helper.
Graduation

A favorite thing to do - mow the lawn with Grandpa


Lots of yummy food

Playgrounds!!! And notice the sun!! We got to see it for a few days and were very happy! It's actually sunny here now that we are back and it is so nice to have the windows open and go outside and play!

I played in this tree when I was little. It's this huge pine tree that has the branches cut away underneath to make a fort.



Kason discovered "rollie-pollie" bugs and thought they were pretty cool.




It's always fun to go and the kids always have someone to play with, which they love and I do too. Isaac's almost done with one more term and then he will be busy as he jumps right into teaching for the first part of the summer - it just never ends.
Asher seems like he is growing up so much in just the last little while. He says "uh oh" and his new thing is saying "Hello". I couldnt' get a very good one on the video, but he says it really well. He sticks his tongue way out when he says it and is so proud. It's so cute. He also growls, I'm not sure what about, but he does it alot.
And this is a new development too. He's not close to walking on his own at all, and I'm just fine with that, but he's definitely getting closer! He is SO proud when he walks pushing things all by himself.

6 comments:
The walker toys are great! Airplane rides alone with kids are so eventful-I get nervous everytime, it seems like something unexpected always happens! Looks like you had fun!
I don't know how you managed to fit in the airplane bathroom with your two little ones let alone change a diaper... you must be super mom! Great pictures, looks like you had a fun time.
Your boys are so grown up. . .when did that happen?!
how fun. It is always nice to get to go see family especially when you have a hubby that is so busy!!!
Maland was super impressed that you got in the bathroom with 2 kids as am I. I'm glad the flight went well other than that though. I hate flying alone. How fun to go home and get a break. Asher looks so big and I love Kason's face when he is checking out the rollie-pollie.
You are a brave mom! I'm and glad that things went better then you thought they would. I love looking at all the pictures of your cute family, although it sure does make me wish we all loved so close again!
Post a Comment