Friday, March 2, 2012

5

Kason turned 5!!

He was pretty excited. After feeding Emry I went in to check on the boys at 5 am. Kason woke up and wanted to get up then because he said he was so excited.




Isaac had to get to school, but they started Kason's day off with an early, quick trip to Albertson's for Kason to pick out whatever kind of cereal he wanted for breakfast. He picked out Captain Crunch mixed berries - quite the treat.
One of the boys favorite songs is "I'll Make a Man Out of You" from Mulan. They've never seen the movie though, we just watched the song on Youtube. So, we rented Mulan from the library and they were so excited to watch it.
This picture makes me laugh. Kason is sitting very crossed legged, Asher can't even sit that way. Asher has one sock on, one off...a normal thing. And we are trying potty training again with Asher, so far it's going great.

This year we had a friend party. Kason wrote some of the invitations and was very serious about handing them out. When his friends answered the door he would hand the invitation to them and say seriously, "You are invited to my birthday party". The theme was fighter jets. We played yarn spider webs (not so fighter jet-ish) and pin the fighter jet on the refueler plane. Then we had cake and ice cream. I felt like the cake was...struggling, but Kason loved it.



Then all 14 kids just ran around and got some energy out.


Asher and his buddy Myer.

A typical Asher face

It was a busy (everything takes 10 times longer to do when you have an infant) but fun day.
Some things about Kason:
-Words I would use to describe him: mature, sensitive, sweet, sometimes shy, emotional, competitive, detail oriented, and responsible.
-He really likes to draw
-He makes noises all. day. long. Like gun/fighting/plane/spitting/loud noises while he is holding an alligator, or tiger, or gun or whatever. Sometimes I feel like the noise is just reverberating around in my head and I have to really get his attention to snap him out of whatever intense game is going on in his head.
-He is such a good helper and such a good big brother. One time I was putting Asher down for nap (which really isn't nap anymore, just pile lots of toys on his bed time) and Emry was crying. I usually tell Asher a story and sing him a song before nap/bed. Kason patted my back and said, "I got this mom, you go take care of Whippy". (Yes, he still calls her that). It was very sweet.
-This birthday Isaac had quite the joke going with Kason that all his presents were going to be cleaning things. He even went as far as to wrap a roll of paper towels up and give it to him as his first present. Kason was pretty good natured about it. The other day, though, Kason got his paper towels out and started cleaning all the doorknobs! That's my boy!
-We love our Kason!

5 comments:

Swensen Family said...

Oh Lindsey I just gotta say, you are such a good mom! Your kids are so lucky to have you. Love all the pictures, the kids are so cute!

Jennifer Lovell said...

Happy birthday, Kason! I love your family, and loved getting a peek into his special day. I love that Kason calls his sister Whippy : ). Good luck with the potty training, and with all the juggling that goes on during the infant days. Miss you!

Linford Family said...

Great Job on the cake! Happy Birthday Kason!

Romney Family said...

how fun!! Can't believe that he is 5 and Emry is getting so big!!

Sarah said...

Happy bday to Kason! How exciting.