Thursday, July 26, 2012

The Castle

We had a family reunion on the Oregon Coast at Lincoln City.  It was so much fun and the kids absolutely love their cousins.  We are going through withdrawl now.

We stayed at a rental that is appropriately called "The Castle".  It was awesome.  There were games and Asher was infatuated with the arcade game downstairs.  The kids would always ask, "Are we going back to the castle now?"

Fogarty Beach

Isaac, McKay, and Oliver climbing the rocks

Wade, Kason, Maren and Payton braving the chilly water.



Every single time we go to the Oregon coast, I think how majestic it is.  

I love these 3 together





Asher played right here for so long.  He'd put water in the bucket and then haul it up to the sand...over and over again.  He was so exhausted the next morning.  (Summer has just gotten to Oregon, we're still getting used to the sun).  In the morning, we couldn't get him to wake up, we got him dressed and he'd just keep flopping down and falling asleep.  He slept until 11:00!

The beach down from our place




This was Emry's first time to the coast and first time in the sand



We went clamming and crabbing one day and had some good luck.  Some of us got pretty sunburned, but no complaints because it was fairly warm for the coast and sunny.
Clamming


Isaac throwing the crab pot back into Siletz bay

I think the biggest catch of the day

We thought these two looked alot alike


Grandkids minus 3




3 comments:

Dulcie said...

How fun! I love that little Emry, she's beautiful, just like her Mama.

Swensen Family said...

Oh man I loved all the pictures. I might have to make you e-mail me the ones with my family in them! That was such a fun week, it is such a bummer it is over. We have been looking forward to that for such a long time. The kids were so great together and loved every minute of it. I will miss you guys now and already look forward to seeing you all again!

Anna said...

Well, you've convinced me that I need to go to Oregon's beaches sometime. :) Looks like you guys had lots of fun!