Monday, December 9, 2013

2 Years Old

Well, Whippy is 2!
Kason wanted to name her Whippy before she was born and the name has stuck, thanks in large part to Jim and Michelle. :)
This girl keeps us on our toes and we love her to pieces.

This is the face she made every time we told her she was going to get birthday presents.
She also quickly learned to say "Emmy biday" and "2" while holding up all five fingers.


A common face lately






I love this picture.  Look at all those boys surrounding her playing with a doll.  I think she has us wrapped around her finger.


She likes to draw and usually commands me to draw a star and fower (flower) for her on the paper.  So, she got a pretty amazing flower cake (poor girl is always going to have the holiday busyness around her birthday.  We've decided December is not a good month for a birthday).

Love her

About Emry:
-Still sucks her thumb and twirls her hair.
-Major stranger anxiety (or really anyone other than Mom, Dad, Kason, and Asher anxiety)
-Loves flowers, stars, and kitty cats
-She can hold her own against her brothers and has been known to bite
-My favorite thing is she loves to give hugs.  She always gets up early before Kason and Asher.  When she sees them come into the room first thing in the morning she yells their name and opens her arms wide and runs in for a hug.  She also has to give hugs before bed
-She loves playing hide and go seek with her big brothers and can pretty much count to 10
-I remember being worried that she wasn't talking as much as early as the boys did.  My worries weren't necessary.  She talks in sentences now....alot.  And is into the "why mama?"
-Alot of times she not only says no, it's a "no way!"
-On the other side of the spectrum she usually says sure instead of yes.  It's so cute to hear her say "shu, mama".  It sounds so amiable.
-Her latest gem of a saying is, "Gimme dat!"
-She calls herself "Emmy" and I find myself calling her that alot as well.
She sure makes us smile!

4 comments:

Micha said...

She is seriously precious. Of course you are all wrapped around her finger! We miss you so much. It is so hard to believe that she is 2 already. I miss my little Whippersnapper.

Unknown said...

She is the best! I love you guys!

Unknown said...

Janet Howard is really Marci Rigby just in case you were wondering who the stalker was.

Linford Family said...

Hi Lindsey! I'm sorry I've been out of the blogging world for so long! It was fun to read and look at your posts. Happy Birthday Emery! What a cute little girl and her hair has grown so much! How is homeschool going? We miss all of you so much.