"Spring break" in Montana
I don't think we're anywhere near spring.
I don't know if I've ever been so cold as I was this day.
It didn't get above 0 degrees and was something like -20, -30 with windchill.
Painful. Literally.
Thankfully, we got our stove working and we curled up with a blanket and a book...and a nap
Slowly waking up on a Saturday morning
We actually went on a little family trip!
It was seriously so, so fun.
We went to my parents' time share in West Yellowstone for the Kids n Snow activities that were going on (free, even better) and had a great time.
Swimming, hot tub, sledding, king bed, Hunger Games, snowmobiling, and snowcoaching.
It was so fun to go do something together and have a little respite.
So excited to swim
Snowmobiling.
They had a kids' size one that they could drive around. It was so cute and I'll admit, I was a little jealous.
They had a kids' size one that they could drive around. It was so cute and I'll admit, I was a little jealous.
Kason started off nice and slow, just like he was told to do...maybe even a little too slow. Asher roared right off...a little faster than I was comfortable with at first.
concentration
Look at Asher's feet. That's how he kept them his whole first try til we got him to put them on the foot rests.
sledding fun
We went in to Yellowstone Park on a snowcoach, bascially a big van with tank-like treads for wheels.
We saw a bunch of elk and got to get out and take a picture of this one...
...until he came right across the river to us and we had to get back in.
Bison.
We learned that in North America it's correct to say bison and not buffalo
We actually got stuck behind some for quite a while.
And Asher's favorite: a bald eagle.
I wish I'd had the bigger lens, but it was cool to see one. Our driver was awesome and took the time to help Asher see it, who was so excited once he did.
Side note: Asher loves bald eagles and Emry knows that. I guess we all know that. One day Emry was downstairs and she wanted Asher, who was upstairs, to come color with her. So, all of a sudden I hear her yelling, "bald eagle, Asher, bald eagle!" Of course there was no bald eagle to be seen, but apparently she has already learned the art of fibbing to get what she wants.
And just back at home
Refused to take a nap in her bed, but happily zonked out when we made her a bed on the floor.
As long as it's a nap I'm not complaining.
1 comment:
When I showed this to Jim his first comment was "you could've gone to Tennessee!"
What a fun trip! I think Yellowstone in the winter would be amazing. The kids are adorable, as always.
Post a Comment