I have never lived in a city this big and that is going to take some getting used to. There are tons of trees here. And while it is very pretty, sometimes I just want them to be pushed down so I can SEE. There are also alot of one way roads. I don't get them at all. What is the advantage of one way streets?! They just seem to add confusion and stress to driving!
We went to the campus and looked around. We didn't realize what we had at BYU-I!! Just the atmosphere and the way it is kept up is really good there. It seems a little older here. But, we got to see where Isaac will have his office and classrooms.
So we are starting to adjust. It kinda seems like we have just been on vacation here, it doesn't feel like home.
We got to go do some fun things while Isaac's family was here. They have beautiful parks with tons of trees and it is just green everywhere. We also went to the coast. I have decided to call it the coast instead of the beach, it is just more fitting. The water was a little chilly and it got foggy while we were there, but it was nice and fun. It was cool to see the ocean and then the forest right next to each other. It is its own kind of beautiful. Although, I miss the warm brown mountains. Here are some pictures:
At the coast
The forest and the ocean
A famous lighthouse we hiked to
13 comments:
How fun! Now are you guys in Eugene? I can't remember which ORegon school you're going too, but it looks gorgeous! It's always fun, but a little scary to start fresh some place new, but I'm sure you'll all adjust in no time! You'll have to post some pics of your new apartment!
I so know the feeling you're having! Whenever we move it takes me about 3 months to totally love the place. (billings the exception). But by then you start to know people and can figure your little driving routes out. It lookslike a way cool place and will probably only take a week for you :) Love the lighthouse
Oh it feels like you are so far away...although I guess it could be worse. We will have to make a trip to see you guys we miss you already. Glad the unpacking is all done, it is really no fun. Hang in there and your pictures look so fun!!
It is hard being that far away. We are already excited to see everyone for thanksgiving. Missoula roads are all messed up too. There are POINTLESS rules that just mess up where I am trying to get to. I would love to be by the ocean! You will have so much fun with that. I also would love a fenced in patio! Kade would too. It was good to see you guys! Hope you adjust soon!-it was hard to feel at home when we moved-even though we were pretty close to home.
Sounds like your more settled in than we are and we've been in our house for a couple months!! (in my defense, according to Lane, his job is to move everything, not any of the packing or unpacking). At least you are in a beautiful place, and have a fenced in patio. It's hard living away from family, but you'll definately make some wonderful friends.
Congrats on making it safe. I am sure it will take some time to get used to things, but I hope you come to love it. I can't help but be a bit jealous. (I don't care where you go, BYU-I is the best)
I have read breaking dawn. I had to drive to kalispell though to get it. (about 30ish miles away from where we were staying). I think that BD was part of why the time at the lake seemed to just fly by. When Evelyn was asleep I was reading the book. I really liked it. You'll have to read it soon and let me know what you thought of it.
Gald you made the move ok!! i detest moving as well but we didn't have to go as far as you. It looks like a beautiful place!!!
How fun! I hate traveling almost as much as unpacking too! Hope all is going well, you all look so great!
I love it! I'm so glad that you are finally in Oregon and starting to settle into your new place. I hope you have a great time with your family. YAY! I love you pigmy.
It looks really pretty there, I hope you guys like it and get adjusted!!
I love Oregon...but I know how you feel! No matter where we live it only feels like home with wide open spaces and mountains in the distance. Hope you adjust well! They have the best fresh blackberries here.
glad to hear you got there safely. we know all about the trees from CT and AR. It made me clostefobic(how ever you spell that) I hated not being able to see anything! I am jealous you are by the ocean though. we wnt to CT this summer and love the ocean, we would love love love to live close to it. I think I would prefer the west coast though! Hope you settle in good and have a easy time getting a new bigger place!
Post a Comment