Wednesday, August 29, 2012

A Good Weekend

We had a good weekend.  And, so, here's another post with a whole lot of pictures.  

First off, we had our 7th anniversary! When we were thinking about what we wanted to do we both really just wanted to go on a bike ride.  Some nice friends braved taking all 3 kids and we rode our bikes to PF Chang's.  It was super good and then we went on a bike ride.  Eugene makes it very easy to love bike riding.  There are loads of beautiful bike paths.  It was very pretty.  We rode around Autzen Stadium.  We rode fast, we went wherever we wanted, and we didn't have to constantly make sure someone was keeping up or not getting too far ahead at the same time.

It was also the Eugene Celebration parade.  We went to this parade shortly after we moved here 4 years ago and I think we have gone every year since, so I now consider it somewhat of a tradition and I knew we couldn't miss it. It is a very unique parade that makes me laugh and shake my head.     I think I go to it mainly to be surprised by some people's opinions, though I don't agree with most of them here, and to just laugh.  We watched it with friends and had a good time.  I love Eugene, but there is a definite "quirkiness" here where being whatever kind of weird you want to be is embraced.  

Holding hands

 A guy on stilts

A favorite of the boys...monster trucks

Then, of course, there are every kind of bike imaginable that people create



our favorite...

can't forget Occupy Eugene with people dressing up as whatever just because, I guess

The Slug Queen.  From the website: "Officially, Slug Queens are selected on the basis of talent, costume and ability to ad lib witty answers to inane questions"  She was handing out crocheted slug finger puppets

A group encouraging people to stop shaving and grow beards

This one surprised me.  The nudist colony (wearing their boxes) wasn't there this year, but the communist party was...wow.

fairies

tie-dyed men wearing bird costumes

And someone wearing plastic bags to remind people to be more green...I can't imagine how hot he was.

Now that Emry can crawl she tries to join in on the wrestling and tickling fest that inevitably happens when Isaac gets home.  I think the boys look forward to it all day long.



2 comments:

Romney Family said...

love the last picture of the kids!! What cuties and congrats on 7 years and it is so nice to be able to go out sometimes without little ones along!!

Shannon said...

Oh, look at your sweet lil family!
Isn't awesome when a whole weekend feels good? I think I only notice when I have bad days and really good days...
... and they really stand out.
Glad you were able to do so much!